Infertility.Causes and treatment of infertility
According to numerous statistical studies have found that thirty percent of healthy couples pregnancy occurs during the first three months of living together, at sixty per cent over the next seven months, and the remaining ten- eleven or twelve months after the start of a regular sexual life. So if during the year pregnancy has not occurred, then with high probability we can raise the issue of infertility and start a medical examination and subsequent treatment of spouses.
Male infertility is found in forty percent of the cases, and women in the sixties.
Female infertility is a relative (its cause can be eliminated) and absolute (in women present irreversible pathological changes that completely exclude the possibility of conception).
also in the structure of female infertility distinguish such concepts as "primary" and "secondary".Primary - when a woman has not had a single pregnancy.Secondary - the impossibility of conceiving after already e
man culprit infertile marriages a man can be called in if a woman is quite healthy, and there was a reduction in the partner fertilizing capacity of sperm.
combined forms of infertility - a combination of male and female infertility.
There is also infertility, which is due to the incompatibility of the spouses (in normal terms of their reproductive functions).
quite rare absolutely healthy and well compatible married couple who for some reason I can not conceive.This type of infertility considered as unexplained or idiopathic
forms and causes of female infertility
1. Tubal infertility (20 to 60% of cases)
This type of infertility characterized by disorders of the fallopian tubes, adhesions in the pelvic area,resulting in blocked from entering the egg into the uterus.
causes of tubal infertility :
- endometriosis and congenital anomalies
- Postponed various inflammatory diseases (tuberculosis, reproductive organs, salpingitis, etc.)
- Surgeries abdominal and pelvic
As a result of the above reasons violated the transport function of the fallopian tubes, resulting in infertility develops
2. Endocrine Infertility (30 to 40% of cases)
This form of infertility is caused by disturbances in the process of oocyte maturation.
causes of endocrine infertility:
- Violation of the functions of the endocrine glands (thyroid, adrenal)
- Various violations of the regulation of the reproductive system
All this leads to hormonal changes, lack of ovulation and frequent menstrual disorders.
3. Immunological sterility (2 to 3% of cases)
This form of infertility is caused by the fact that a woman's body are formed sperm antibodies - to kill sperm
4. Unexplained or idiopathic infertility (from 5 to 10% of cases)
According to statistics from about five percent of couples, even with modern diagnostic techniques can not find a functional or anatomical defects of the reproductive system
5. Infertility arisen as a result of gynecological pathology (15 to 30% of cases)
causes of this form: uterine fibroids,endometriosis, endometrial pathology
6. Absolute infertility
This form of infertility caused by the absence of the fallopian tubes, uterus, ovaries, various anomalies of genital organs, imperforate uterus, extreme hypoplasia of the uterus, etc.
treatment of female infertility
With laparoscopy necessary restored patency of the fallopian tubes.The effectiveness of this type of treatment is about 30 - 40%.If the fallopian tubes already diagnosed for two to three years - surgical treatment is considered inefficient.In this case, in vitro fertilization is preferable
With this type of infertility the correction of hormonal disorders and stimulation of the ovaries to mature eggs and maintain the necessary hormonal levels of the female organism, which is favorable for pregnancy.Treatment is carried out under the control of hormone levels and ultrasound monitoring.About 80% of women after a qualitative treatment of endocrine infertility successfully pregnant
plasmapheresis treatment is carried out.This type of treatment is long enough.The effectiveness of the treatment decreases significantly if the woman's age more than 37 years
When uterine malformations conducted reconstructive - plastic operations.Pregnancy after a surgical intervention occurs in about 20% of cases
Infertility develop as a result of gynecological pathology (endometriosis) is treated with laparoscopy, during which removed the so-called endometrial lesions, and then achieved the effect of fixed medical treatment, which can last up to half a year.The effect of this treatment is about 30 - 40%
most common causes of male infertility:
- inflammatory or infectious diseases of urogenital organs
- varicose veins of the spermatic cord (varicocele)
-Isolated violations semen
- Patozoospermiya unknown etiology
- Immunological infertility
- ejaculatory or sexual dysfunction
- Congenital malformations (epispadias, monorchism, cryptorchidism, hypospadias and so forth.)
- Various surgery (inguinal hernia,hernia on the bladder and so forth.)
- Systemic diseases (chronic renal failure, tuberculosis , infectious mumps, liver cirrhosis, etc..)
- Obstructive azoospermia (absence of sperm sperm)
- Chemotherapyhormone therapy, radiation therapy;antihypertensive drugs, tranquilizers, narcotics, etc.
- Chromosomal abnormality
- Endocrine forms of infertility (hyperprolactinemia, hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, hypergonadotrophic hypogonadism, normogonadotropic hypogonadism, testosterondefitsitnye status, etc..)
Secondary reasons leading tomale infertility:
- Various injuries of the scrotum
- Abuse of nicotine and alcohol
- Heat factor: prolonged exposure (related to working conditions) at low or high temperatures, feverish condition with prolonged fever in the region of 38 * C
- nutritional factors
- Exposure to ionizing radiation
Unlike women's causes male reproductive disorders are diagnosed much easier - it is sufficient to study the sperm (semen)
Due to the fact that male infertility may be caused by a variety of factors- treatment is given only after a number of studies in a specialized clinic
In conclusion, I want to add that timely access to a doctor, conducted in the subsequent diagnosis and adequate treatment of the appointed time, in most cases leads to a complete recovery and restoration of reproductive function.