All of urolithiasis
Urolithiasis is by far one of the most common urological disease, which often leads to severe course and is prone to relapse.Urinary stone disease is manifested in the formation of stones at any level of the urinary tract - the ureter, urethra, bladder, etc.This disease occurs in all age categories, but the most often strikes people in the most active period of their lives.In recent years, a tendency to an increase of the disease due to the direct influence of certain unfavorable environmental
primary cause of kidney stones is considered to be a hereditary predisposition to metabolic disorders, because of which form insoluble salts,which are then formed into stones.However, even with the presence of a genetic predisposition, the ICD will never develop databases absence of various predisposing factors, in particular such as:
- When sedentary lifestyle and sedentary work violated phosphorus - calcium metabolism.
- All kinds of diseases of the urinary and kidne
- constant lack of ultraviolet rays and vitamins also contributes to stone formation.
- Diseases and injuries of the bones (osteoporosis, osteomyelitis, etc.).
- The presence of chronic diseases of the stomach and intestines ( colitis , chronic gastritis , peptic ulcer etc.).
- Important role played by the climatic factor - who live in hot climates sweat more often, in consequence of which in the body significantly increases the concentration of salts and some may start stone formation.
- Inherited genetic characteristics
The most characteristic symptom of urolithiasis is pronounced pain in the lumbar region.Pain can be both blunt and sharp, and be periodic or continuous.The nature of the pain depends on the individual structure of the urinary tract, from the size and location of the stone, and the degree of severity of the obstruction.Often, the pain intensifies
or incurred as a consequence of different physical activities, leaving the stones are moved from his seat and begin to move through the urinary tract, causing this pain.Also urolithiasis often accompanied by so-called renal colic - paroxysmal pain, which is caused by blocked the path of the flow of urine stone.There are cases when the ICD may be accompanied by abdominal muscle tension and stomach, nausea, vomiting and changes in the composition of urine
Treatment of urolithiasis divided into conservative and operative tool.
Conservative treatment is given to patients who have small stones and there are no complications of the disease.This type of treatment involves the observance of special diet in combination with taking certain medications.But, unfortunately, because of the often arising complications is necessary to resort to surgery, as in some severe cases have to go to the complete removal of the kidney with a stone
special preventive treatment corrects abnormal metabolism andappointed strictly on individual indications, based on survey data of each individual patient.Without the passage of this therapy, within five years, about fifty percent of patients get rid of the stones of the existing methods of treatment, urinary stones begin to form again.
Also important condition for the prevention of stone formation is considered to be a lifestyle change:
- Learn how to avoid emotional stress.
- It is desirable to complete abstinence from alcohol.
- do sports, especially fitness (of course without excessive exercise).
- People are overweight, be sure to reduce the caloric content of food.
In conclusion I would like to add that in any case it is not necessary to run the disease and the appearance of the slightest discomfort in the lumbar region should immediately consult a urologist.
More articles on the topic:
1. pyonephrosis 2. Renal colic