anemia in children
Anemia (anemia) - a pathological condition caused by a decrease in the number of red blood cells and hemoglobin in the blood.In most cases, anemia in children is caused by infectious diseases and malnutrition (deficiency of iron in the diet).Iron deficiency anemia is the most common form, as the iron-free hemoglobin synthesis is impossible
types of anemia
- Chronic and acute, associated with hemorrhage hemorrhagic anemia
- Hereditary and acquired anemias caused by insufficient production of bone marrow erythrocytes
- hereditary and acquired hemolytic anemia (developed as a result of increased destruction of red blood cells)
- Mixed anemia: in tumors, acute infections, leukemia, burns, endocrinopathy
- hypoplastic and aplastic anemia
- Anemia preterm children
- Physiological anemia babies
- deficiency anemia
deficiency anemia are divided into: vitiminodefitsitnye, medidefitsitnye, belkovodefitsitnye, iron, orotic aciduria and thalassemia
- Insufficient number in the body necessary for the formation of hemoglobin substances
- The presence of diseases, which are accompanied by violationintestinal absorption of substances responsible for the formation of hemoglobin
- Purchase / congenital abnormalities of bone marrow function, responsible for the formation of blood
In children, anemia can contribute to the following factors: repetitive diseases, worms, high sensitivity to environmental factors andimmaturity of the blood, prematurity
In children, anemia can contribute to the following factors: repetitive diseases, worms, high sensitivity to environmental factors, and the immaturity of the blood, prematurity
absence of express symptoms is a serious problemearly diagnosis of the disease.The main symptom of anemia in a child is a pale skin and mucous membranes.Also, the presence of this disease may indicate: repetitive stomatitis, dry skin of the child, cracks in the corners of the mouth, impaired digestive processes ( constipation or diarrhea ), the child gets tired easily, crying often.The children of small age of iron deficiency anemia often leads to significant neurodevelopmental disability, and older children suffering from intellectual development, there appears enuresis and muscle pain.If iron deficiency anemia takes a heavy form - reduced overall immune protection of the child, the tone of the heart muscle is reduced, there is dizziness.
A blood test is the only accurate method of diagnosing anemia
Upon confirmation of the diagnosis of anemia, your child prescribed vitamins and iron supplements (Aktiferrin, Maltofer etc.).The duration of therapy, as well as the dosage is determined by the attending physician and depends on the age of the child.If a baby at the time of detection of the disease he is still breastfeeding, the mother should eat foods rich in iron.To iron supplements are better absorbed, it is necessary to adhere to a specially designed diet: taking drugs to combine with products that promote the absorption of iron (fructose, animal protein, organic acids), and be sure to avoid the combination of drugs to those products that slow down the absorption of iron (eggs, cheese, cowmilk, tea).
prevention of childhood anemia is sufficient exposure to fresh air, physical activity, the timely introduction of meat products and juices.
More articles on the topic:
1. respiratory allergies 2. allergic diathesis