Acrodynia - a nervous system disease of unknown etiology that is characterized by changes in behavior, until pronounced mental disorders.Also acrodynia expressed polymorphic changes on the skin of the extremities (peeling, Acro erythema, papules, and in some cases, necrotic changes).Mainly in children under five years
To date, the cause of this disease is not established, but there are several hypotheses:
1. It is an infectious disease that is caused by an unknown virus
2. Diseasedevelops on the background of metabolic disorders avitaminous nature (vitamin deficiencies B6)
3. Occurrence Acrodynia due to autointoxication
4. The disease is caused by a reaction to what neyroallergicheskoy - or harmful substances
5. Infections of the central nervous system (encephalitis and polio)
- Skin rash (usually occur from December to May), accompanied by pain and strong enough itching
- Appears sweating
- There are neuro - mental disorders
- There are cardio - vascular and gastro - intestinal disorders
In some cases Acrodynia occur: hypotension, muscle paralysis and seizures.
Manifestations Acrodynia from the mucous membranes:
- ulcerative stomatitis
In most reported cases, the disease begins with improved overall body temperature, loss of appetite, photophobia,anxiety and anguish.There are changes in behavior, there is a tendency to solitude.Also, there is cooling of the skin feet and hands.There is pain and intense itching in the affected areas of the skin.In some cases, there is peeling of the skin, rash, hair loss and graying.
If wet with cold water the affected skin extremities - the pain subsides significantly
The first step is rich in vitamins full regular meals.Appointed detoxification therapy, the introduction of vitamins (B1, B6, C, niacin).Prescribers holinoliticheskogo (belladonna, atropine, etc.), Sedatives (trioxazine) protivogistaminnye drugs (pipolfen, diphenhydramine).
In combination with medication drug prescribed physiotherapy (UVR) and hydrotherapy
Acrodynia can last for weeks, months and even years and often ends with spontaneous healing.
In most cases, the timely appointment of adequate treatment, the prognosis is quite favorable, but in severe cases (very rare) possible death.