vitiligo (piebald skin, Pes, leykopatiya) - one of the most complex in the treatment of chronic skin diseases.The disease is caused by the disappearance of the pigment melanin, which is responsible for skin color.As a result, all body parts may appear depigmentation areas (areas devoid of melanin pigment), and scalp in the affected areas discolored.
Vitiligo affects people regardless of gender and race, but is most common in women and young people under the age of twenty years.This disease does not cause the patient any painful or unpleasant sensations and is more a kind of a cosmetic problem, but according to the doctors, vitiligo - a visual reminder of the existence of serious irregularities in the body
Vitiligo - the causes of
Until today, the exact causesthe emergence and development of vitiligo is not defined.As unfounded assumptions doctors most likely are the cause of this disease:
- Autoimmune processes
- Endocrine disorders (dysfunction of the
- Hereditary predisposition (documented cases of family illness)
- Violations of the autonomicnervous system
- Transferred infectious diseases
- Chronic diseases of internal organs
In most documented cases of the disease vitiligo occurs gradually, but in individual patients melanin leaves the skin cells very quickly.
Discoloration (depigmentation) able to provoke skin worms (helminths) that disrupt the normal activity of the endocrine glands, which leads to a deficiency of copper in the body.As a result of de-worming such patients cured
Vitiligo - symptoms
Vitiligo is a chronic course, it causes discomfort and oppresses the patient mentally.At the beginning of the disease in the skin appear milky white or slightly pink spots, which gradually increased purchasing clear boundaries, different values and oval or round shape.As the further course of the disease these spots grow, merge with each other, thereby forming a fairly extensive lesions.Outbreaks can be single or multiple, and placed anywhere on the human skin, but most frequently they occur in the neck, face, upper and lower limbs, in the folds at the anus and external genitalia.
Vitiligo is divided into several types, which are directly dependent on the spread of depigmentation:
- Total drawing: even distribution of depigmentation over the body (most common type)
- Local pattern: one or more limited areas of depigmentation
- Segmental pattern: individual patches of depigmentation locatedon one side of the body
- Total step: the defeat of almost all skin
White depigmentatsionnye spots on the skin is not the only symptom of vitiligo in some cases may be irritation and inflammation of the skin
Vitiligo - treatment
Today completely cureVitiligo is not possible, however, due to the existing modern methods of treatment can make significant progress.
most effective treatments for vitiligo :
- Phytotherapy: massaging the juice medicinal plants (figs, strawberries, red peppers, parsnips) to the affected skin
- phototherapy (ultraviolet radiation precluding reception of medicines)
- Photochemotherapy (ultraviolet irradiation affectedof the skin in conjunction with taking medications that stimulate melanogenesis)
Also, patients suffering from vitiligo is highly recommended as little as possible to expose your skin to direct sunlight.
few tips on how to protect from sunlight affected vitiligo skin:
- Use hats and protective clothing
- Do not stay in the sun during the hours of maximum solar activity
- Apply protection of UV lotion or cream
- With the help of makeup to hide the damaged areasSkin
More articles on the topic:
1. Acne (Acne)
2. Darier disease