oxaluria (from the Greek. Oxalis - «sorrel», uron - «pee") - a disease caused by a high content in the urine of calcium oxalate, which stands out with her in the form of crystals.In medicine, isolated primary and secondary oxaluria oxaluria.Primary is hereditary in nature, while the secondary arises from human consumption of products containing oxalic acid, its salts.
oxaluria associated with the violation mineral metabolism in the human body, as well as the lack of work and increased intestinal absorption of calcium in the blood.Loss of calcium oxalate precipitate due to a lack of magnesium.In determining the vitamin balance is celebrated at oxaluria reduced content of vitamins A, B6.
oxaluria very diverse etiology.It includes both hereditary disorders (the developing primary oxaluria) and various pathological processes in the gastrointestinal tract, alimentary factor.
The main reasons for the development of oxaluria include:
- Defects in enzymes that affec
- Intake of excessive amounts of dietary oxalate (sorrel, chocolate, cocoa, rhubarb, peppers).
- Crohn's disease (a chronic disease of the gastrointestinal tract character).
- Availability of various pathological conditions of the intestine, ulcerative colitis.An example would be a deficit of lactobacilli, that leads to disturbances in the process of degradation of oxalate in the gastrointestinal tract.Increases the absorption of oxalate.The therapy of such conditions is based on the use of probiotics for the restoration of intestinal microflora.
- surgical intervention, particularly bowel surgery.
- Lack of vitamin A and vitamin B6, abuse of ascorbic acid.
- Adverse environmental factors.
In some cases, depending on the conditions under which the disease develops, oxaluria divided into several groups:
• 1st group.It is characterized by the presence of polygenic inherited nephropathy due to abnormalities of oxalic acid, manifested in an unstable state of cell membranes of the kidneys.
• 2nd group - oxaluria children with various diseases of the urinary system (glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, etc.).The reason is oxaluria secondary pathological process in the cell membranes of the kidneys as a result of the flow of the main kidney disease.
• Group 3 - the presence of nephropathy, developed in unfavorable environmental conditions.
in adults and in children after 5 years, symptoms of the disease is as follows: the presence of pain in the lower back, abdominal pain, increased volume of urination, seizures, renal colic, fatigue, urine test detects the presence of protein uniformof blood (leucocytes, erythrocytes) oxalate.
Large deposits of oxalate in the kidneys can cause disturbances in the circulation, develop focal necrosis and nephritis.Stone formation is usually associated with disturbances in the colloidal equilibrium of inflammatory products in the solution of urine.There are neurological disorders such as neurosis, frequent headaches.
oxaluria usually in children of kindergarten age can occur without any clinical manifestations.In this case oxaluria diagnosed by microscopic examination of urine.The purpose of research - quantification of oxalate in the urine.
Severe oxaluria characterized by large salt deposits in the tissues of the kidneys and as a consequence, the development of nephrocalcinosis.Often nephrocalcinosis itself becomes further cause of renal failure.
oxaluria In severe cases, there are signs of muscle and bone.Oxaluria may occur in conjunction with diseases of skin and respiratory system.
Laboratory diagnosis is the main diagnostic method for detecting oxaluria.With it you are identified: an increase in oxalate in the biochemical analysis of urine oxalate crystalluria, microproteinuria, mikroeritrotsituriya markers cytomembranes unstable state, the absence of any express indicators of tubular dysfunction.
The main methods of treatment are oxaluria medication, as well as the appointment of a special diet in order to avoid falling into the patient's body of food containing in its composition oxalic acid in large quantities.Surgical intervention is used when complications oxaluria.
to one of the ways to combat oxaluria include increasing the daily amount of water used by 50% (the recommended amount of fluid administered in accordance with the age of the patient), as it helps to reduce the concentration of crystalloids in the urine.This assignment is possible in the case of normal operation of the kidneys and circulatory system.Also, patients shown receiving additional drink in the evening, before bedtime, with preference given to mineral waters (accepted for about 2 weeks), containing sodium salts, sodium bicarbonate, etc..
Drug treatment is currently based on the application:
- Membrane and antioxidants.Thus, for the assigned treatment oxaluria vitamin A (every day 1,000 units per annum), in combination with vitamin E (not exceed the dosage of 15 mg / day).Course Admission vitamins is 3 weeks, held quarterly.In addition, the use of vitamin B6 (day 1-3 mg / kg), vitamin B2 (2.5-5 mg a day), a favorable combined use of the two vitamins.Dimefosfona efficacy of the drug (15% solution) - 30 mg / kg in three steps.Usually the drug is administered to children who have identified asthma or atopic dermatitis.
- Drug ksidifon (2% solution), is regulated at the cellular level, calcium metabolism and prevents the deposition of salts in its tissues, inhibit excessive phospholipase activity.Dosage - day 10-20 mg / kg in two steps.
- enterosorbent (eg Enterosgel).Appointed for a stay of the patient in the region with an unfavorable environment.
- probiotics for improvement of the intestinal microflora.
also recommended balneotherapy as an event tonic character (Mineralnye Vody resorts. Zheleznovodsk, Pyatigorsk, Kislovodsk, etc.).
Traditional medicine in the treatment of oxaluria suggests using decoctions of oats (1 cup oats, 2 liters of water, broth boil, drain, take one glass of 2 times per day), brewer's yeast (pour a glass of unheated water, 15 g yeast, wait for a while,then drink) fitosbory (before their application should consult with a specialist).
Diet for oxaluria
In treatment oxaluria diet plays an equally important role, as well as other treatments (medications, surgery).With the help of a medical diet can not only improve the condition of the patient, but also to prevent further formation of salts, to optimize fluid and electrolyte balance by removal from the patient's diet products, which are a source of oxalic acid.
When oxaluria diet in children is similar to that in adults.Before you go on a diet, you should consult with a doctor who will make a meal scheme, based on the personal data of the patient.
Items that should be excluded from the diet when oxaluria: food containing in its composition oxalic acid (rhubarb, figs, spinach, cocoa, sorrel and others.), Hearty meat soups, fatty foods, soups, meats, spices, pickles,spicy seasonings, marinades, dishes with gelatin (aspic, jellies, etc.).
Products recommended at oxaluria: fruit (contribute to the removal of oxalate from the body), foods with vitamin B6 (barley, buckwheat, millet, oatmeal, prunes, seaweed and so on.), Vegetables rich in fiber and pectin.
However, not all vegetables can be used in the case oxaluria.Diet in children should include a limited number of potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, onions, beets (for adults as well).It should follow the consumption of blueberry, black currant.The oil in the diet at oxaluria allowed in small quantities and mostly vegetable.
During the diet used cooked meat and fish.Only after this treatment, they can bake, fry or stew.Boiling is used to reduce the content of purine bases.
The content of salt and carbohydrates should be lowered on a diet.Normally, the estimated daily intake of nutrients should be: Protein - 100 g, carbohydrates - not more than 550 g, fat - 70 g Power fractional up to 6 meals per day with abundant by drinking.