Gout treatment and prevention
Gout - this is a very serious chronic disease of the joints that develops as a result of metabolic disorders in the body and is characterized by increased levels of uric acid in the blood and deposition of urate (uric acid salts)in cartilage, joints, tendons, bones and other tissues of the body.Gout refers to a constitutional hereditary diseases, as it is very common in some families for generations.
Gout is one of the most common joint disease in the elderly.The men developed gout after forty, and in women after sixty years.Most likely the disease gout in people with a family who - either from ancestors (parents, grandparents, etc.) suffer from this disease. Gout is divided into : chronic gout and acute gouty arthritis
- Stricken with gout joint swells, the skin around it becomes hot and red.All this is accompanied by severe pain enough.
- Without any apparent reason, there is a sharp pain in the diseased joint.Even with minimal movement of the
- attacks of acute gouty pains occur (most often during the night).
- In some cases, fever and chills occur.In the morning, the pain subsides, and by the next night returned with renewed vigor.Basically attacks lasted several days.Intervals between attacks can vary from a few days up to one year.During the progression of the disease, attacks are becoming more painful and more often, and the interval between them is significantly reduced.
- Over time, the affected joints disfigured fingers noticeably distorted and there are so-called gouty lumps.
Provoke the appearance of seizures can : physical stress, alcohol consumption, intake of diuretic drugs, trauma and surgery, eating foods containing purines (brain, heart, kidneys, liver, fish and meat broths, chicken meat and young animals)
main factor for developing gout is considered to be hereditary, but no less important role is played: improper diet (excessive consumption of meat and meat), alcohol abuse, a sedentary lifestyle and systematic overeating
When gouty arthritis mainly used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (diclofenac, naproxen, indomethacin, etc.).These funds are assigned to eliminate acute inflammation of the joints (the rate of seven to fifteen days).
more powerful anti-inflammatory steroids (prednisone) is prescribed for the marked inflammation.In the case of acute gouty arthritis in one or two joints - glucocorticoids have to be injected directly into the affected joint (This procedure can only be done qualified doctors - rheumatologists!) For an effective cease-attack.In the case of destruction of a large number of joints, glucocorticoids appointed tablets (the rate of seven to ten days).
on the attack affected joint needs complete rest.Normal ice wrapped in a cloth effectively helps relieve the pain, if it is applied to the wound site several times a day for three - five minutes
- It is necessary to reduce the use of purines (eat less sausages, meat and offal, but morefish)
- Avoid alcohol (it inhibits the withdrawal from the body of uric acid, especially sweet wines, cup and liqueurs)
- to lose weight (he wears joints)
- At least three times a week to play sports (but avoidspeed types - tennis, badminton and so on.)