allergy to the cold - various manifestations of allergic reactions that occur under the influence of low temperatures.This pathological condition is more common in women, and usually occur in the first manifestation of an age gap of twenty to thirty years.Allergy to cold in a child is rare. Allergy symptoms can develop in the cold outside in the cold season, in case of contact with cold water (washing dishes, bathing in the water), in the use of cold food and drinks and cold with a strong wind.
It is a paradox, but a lot of the data subject to allergic reactions of people, even the cool of the morning can cause unpleasant symptoms such as a tearing, redness of the eyelids, itching, runny nose, and skin rashes.
Official Medicine recently acknowledged the existence of such diseases as allergy to cold.People with this disease people at low temperatures, have difficulty breathing, have redness of the skin, they begin to cough.However, frost is not the only cause of the suffering of
allergy to cold - Causes
allergy on a cold develops due to disorders of the immune defense of the person.This type of allergy may develop as a consequence of the flow in the body of a variety of debilitating diseases that alter the metabolism and affect the whole entire body.These illnesses include endocrine diseases (Graves' disease and so forth.), Hematological malignancies (blood cancer), systemic lupus erythematosus and so on. In some cases, even these common chronic diseases such as sinusitis, chronic cholecystitis, intestinal dysbiosis, and tooth decay can be a catalyst for the development of allergiesthe cold.Provocateurs of allergy to the cold can be certain infectious diseases - mycoplasma pneumonia, mumps, infectious mononucleosis, rubella, measles
allergy to the cold - symptoms
Signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction to low temperatures can be different.The most common conventional form of allergy, which appears for a few minutes after exposure to low temperature and is expressed in the appearance of the rash in areas that are directly in contact with the cold.Most often there is an allergy to the cold on the hands and face.Sometimes a rash appears on her lips when a man drank forgetfulness forbidden him a cold drink.
Allergic rash whitish or pink to the color and strong itch.Usually these symptoms are just a few hours.If the body reacts to the cold at himself, and a cold wind, the rash is usually not accompanied by itching and burning.Sometimes an allergic reaction so heavy that after the disappearance of allergic reactions as rash, in their place are bruising (hematoma).Sometimes external manifestations of allergy to the cold joins hypotension (low blood pressure), and headache.Also as a result of eating disorders of the skin that have been exposed to cold exposure, dermatitis may develop cold that appears scaly and itchy burgundy-red spots.
Below we look at the most common allergic reaction to cold:
• Difficulty breathing.This symptom occurs because of bronhospasticheskogo reflex, in which the airway narrows.In the case of severe reaction to cold can speak about bronchial hyperreactivity and predisposition to such serious diseases as asthma
• Hives.This manifestation is characterized by reddened skin that itches and blisters.Hives can develop in the case of contact with cold water or air, but the worst thing a person when it's cold and wet at the same time.In most cases, lesions occur on the inner side of the thigh and hip area, on the feet, hands and skin.To get rid of these symptoms it is best to go as soon as possible in a dry warm place, drink something hot, wear warm dry clothes and take an antihistamine.Fully save from allergic reactions warm clothing can not, however, significantly weaken their manifestation.At the same time, be aware that synthetic and woolen garments are able to provoke allergies, so you should choose a robe of linen or cotton
• Migraine.During cold weather, many people have a headache and jaw freeze is cold migraine.If you ignore these symptoms may develop severe illness such as trigeminal neuralgia
• Runny nose or pseudoallergic rhinitis.This condition develops under the influence of cold air.From it you can protect yourself, digging before going cold special drops, but do not abuse it, because this is strong enough affected mucous
• Sciatica.The disease develops in the case of the spinal cord inflammation that may develop under the influence of the cold forming immune complexes.To prevent this, you should dress warmly, as already happened in the case of hypothermia is necessary to quickly warm up with hot tea and taking a warm bath.It is recommended to rub the ointment warming waist
• pseudoallergic conjunctivitis.This condition is characterized by watery eyes, redness of eyes and itching, which in the case of hit man in a warm place almost immediately disappear.In the case of the periodic development of such symptoms, contact lenses and eye makeup before going out into the cold to use it is not recommended, as it can trigger the development of already present conjunctivitis
most informative method of diagnosing the presence of a person has an allergy to cold is a test with a piece of ice, whileof which a small piece of ice applied to the skin for fifteen minutes.If then there is on the skin itching, redness, and / or blisters, the test is considered positive.Please be aware that if there is a family of cold urticaria, this test also gives a positive result, but the characteristic manifestations appear only after a few hours
allergy to the cold - treatment
Unfortunately specific effective treatment of allergy to the cold today not available.All existing drugs only relieve the symptoms manifested, and the disease itself can not be cured.In addition, the vast majority of antihistamines, there are many side effects (affects the kidneys, liver, metabolism, nervous system), and that is perhaps the most unpleasant - it comes to the highly addictive.However, if you still can not do without them, then they should be taken in minimal doses.Before going outside reception antihistamine (Telfast and so on.) Will prevent symptoms of allergies in the cold.
Often the cold allergy is not independent disease, but a symptom of any other serious pathologies, therefore in case of the occurrence of allergic reactions, for identifying immune system debilitating disease, should be carefully examined.If allergy to the cold as much as possible to avoid contact with any possible allergens.
Some people mistakenly think that a good preventive measure in this type of allergy is eating before going out of spirits.This is a serious and dangerous delusion!In fact, alcohol is not only have a beneficial effect for allergies in the cold, but also contribute to the aggravation of the process.