allergy eyes - inflammation of the mucous membrane of the eye that develops due to contact with any allergen and manifested lacrimation, photophobia, itching, redness and irritation of the eyelids, swelling surrounding the eyeballregions. In some cases, an allergic reaction to the eyes can lead to impaired vision.At least once in his life, perhaps, every man faced with these unpleasant sensations
allergy eyes - Causes
on invading allergen is usually the first to respond to eyes and skin, which serves as a signal of impending danger.Allergy eye often develops as a result of immune failure, often shows the influence of genetic factors.
for the development of an allergic reaction, your eyes are the perfect body parts.It all starts with getting the conjunctiva irritated her factor, which causes the development of further symptoms of the disease.
allergy eye often accompanies diseases such as allergic rhinitis, asthma and atopic dermatitis.For other reasons the development of t
• Stitches after surgery on the eyeball, wearing contact lenses
• Taking certain medications
• Household dust.With the variety of allergies are usually watery and itchy eyes, sore eyelids observed when driving them
• Volatile chemicals.Normally it is seen in people employed in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries.Are allergic eye in the form of red spots or small spherical lesions
• reptilian scales, feathers, saliva, sweat, and animal dander.With this type of allergy is observed in human compulsive runny nose, sneezing and sore eyes
• Pollen.Suffice heavy seasonal allergic disease of nature, which is manifested by pain and swelling of eyes, allergic rhinitis and so forth.
• Makeup.Allergy under the eyes can sometimes develop as a result of intolerance to certain components of cosmetics.This usually happens in the case of using cheap cosmetics, in the manufacturing process which uses low-quality raw material.The first signs of such an allergy - local redness and swelling of the eyelids, bags under the eyes
• Low temperature.In the eyes of an allergy to cold manifests their reddening and tear when leaving a frosty time on the street, sometimes can be accompanied by cold conjunctivitis and allergic rhinitis
With infectious conjunctivitis are also sometimes observed adherence infectious component, causing the development of the so-called infectious and allergic conjunctivitis
Allergiesin his eyes - the types
The following types of allergic reactions in the eyes:
• vernal keratoconjunctivitis.Typically, a chronic and affects boys and twelve years, due to the unsettled hormonal
• Conjunctivitis caused by hay fever.This manifestation is directly linked to the seasonal flowering trees and plants.With the onset of cold weather is usually held
• Chronic allergic conjunctivitis.Symptoms depend on the current state of the body, often not expressed explicitly, but recurs constantly
• Allergic conjunctivitis is caused by wearing contact lenses
• Infectious allergic conjunctivitis.Developed as a result of bacterial infections of the mouth and throat, as well as inflammatory pathologies of the respiratory system
• Krupnopapillyarny allergic conjunctivitis.The development of this disease is annoying tarsal part of the upper eyelid foreign body (contact lenses, artificial eyes, grit and so on.).Most often, this type of allergy is common in people who work in environments with flying ambient fine particles of different substances
• Medical allergic conjunctivitis.Allergies on the eyelids eye can be triggered by almost any medical product
On the specifics of the pathogenesis of allergic to the eyes is divided into acute and chronic, the acute form develops for over an hour after direct contact with the allergen, and chronic manifested in a day or more,and usually it takes place alternately fading and recurrence of symptoms
Allergy Eye - Symptoms
allergic reaction to the eyes usually appears following symptoms:
• Partially or extensive redness of the conjunctiva, that affects both eyes, but the development of the inflammatory process beginsone
• Normally, extensive edema of the lower and / or upper eyelids, not amenable to standard methods of their elimination Kholodov compression and diuretics.Often, swelling develops so intense that lead to the so-called syndrome of "Swim corneal»
• Feeling of sand and burning eyes, worse on contact itching of the eyelids
• Uncontrolled movement of the upper eyelid (optoz)
• In the case of running acutethe process of the eye may occur purulent
• photophobia, which often leads to excessive lacrimation
diagnosis of allergy to the eyes is performed as follows:
to exclude or confirm the hereditary factor is collecting anamnestic data, as it allows to determine the presence of accompanying ormajor diseases.Appointed general urine and blood serum biochemical, immunogram, bakposev, cytology.To determine the specific allergen are special skin test.In the event of any base illness is shown to carry out additional diagnostic tests (CT, gastroscopy, ultrasound, etc.)
allergy eyes - treatment
If allergies under the eyes and allergic eye is observed more than a day, you should resortto the specific treatment of these allergic reactions.Treatment of allergy eyes starts with a standard anti-allergic treatments, which is to eliminate contact with the allergen.If the development of this reaction resulted in contact lenses at the time of treatment they must be replaced points, and then try to pick up the recovery of their allergenic counterparts.If the allergy was caused by the ingress of foreign bodies, it should be as fast as possible and then to extract as much as possible to avoid areas of increased risk of contacting with these factors.
shown the appointment of a local ophthalmic treatment in which use special eye drops, allergy which reacts negatively and symptoms as itching and redness are very fast.Typically used eye drops such as the Kromozil, Lekrolin, Allergodil, alomid.In the case of cross-infection shows the use of drops, which contain antibiotics.In severe allergies of this type are shown gormonosoderzhaschie eye drops.Apart from eye drops is shown parallel receiving antihistamines.Please be aware that anti-allergic eye drops are not the mainstay of therapy and neutralize a symptom, so if it is impossible to eliminate the allergen, the above basic treatment is not carried out.
allergy eyes often gives the cornea complications such as hyperkeratosis, erosion and keratitis.Therefore, when the first allergic symptoms should consult an ophthalmologist, physician or allergist.In allergic diseases of the eye self inadmissible becausewithout exception, the drops are very specific, so pick them up and assign only qualified physician should.