best treatment for allergies is to find out the allergen provokes an allergic reaction and avoidance of further contact with him.In some cases, this problem is solved quite readily, and some not. For example, if a year in a strictly defined period of time of the year (more often it is late spring, summer and early autumn) there sneezing, watery eyes and a runny nose, it is worth talking about seasonal allergies, avoiding that is unlikely, because the pollen gets everywhere.But if the same symptoms are observed every time a person is close to the cat, avoiding contact with these animals manage to completely solve this problem.
Treatment of allergies in children prohibited conduct through local nasal antikongestantov produced by inhalation, sprays and drops, which are often recommended as a treatment for colds medicines from nasal congestion.Because allergy - just long flowing condition that can bother for many years, the use of these local decongestants more than a few days
• Antihistamines.The most effective means used to treat allergies today are antihistamines.However, be aware that from a fairly wide range presented, preference should be given to a single-component formulations, as part of which there is only one antihistamine, which will minimize the possibility of side effects.
major side effect of antihistamine medication is drowsiness.If after receiving the designated antihistamine developed drowsiness, avoid work related to the management mechanisms of increased danger.Even if there is no drowsiness and antihistamines still slow reaction normal sharpness.Degree of calls each specific antihistamine drowsiness depends on the type of assets and the individual characteristics of the patient.The smallest cause drowsiness following nonprescription classified as effective and safe antihistamines: Clemastine (Tavegil) pheniramine maleate, brompheniramine maleate, chlorpheniramine maleate and.But a significant cause drowsiness such funds: doxylamine succinate, and diphenhydramine hydrochloride.
After the non-sedating antihistamines terfenadine and astemizole, old drugs began to be administered much less frequently, but unlike the new ones, have the side effect was only one, whereas the preparations of the new generation of their number has increased significantly.In addition to drowsiness, antihistamines have side effects such as a dry throat, nose and mouth.Several less common decreased appetite, dizziness, blurred vision, nausea, upset stomach, loss of coordination, headache and low blood pressure.Older people with hypertrophic prostate is often a difficulty urinating.Antihistamines in children can cause insomnia, anxiety and nervousness.
allergy treatment antihistamines should first start with a single component of the available drugs like brompheniramine maleate, chlorpheniramine maleate and.If there is difficulty in urination due to prostate hypertrophy, or present diseases such as bronchial asthma, glaucoma, use of antihistamines without a doctor strongly discouraged
• Nasal decongestants drugs.Most anti-allergy medications containing such substances like psevodoefedrina amfitaminopodobnye hydrochloride, or their analogs, which are commonly found in most oral drugs used for colds.When using these drugs for the treatment of an allergic reaction may develop side effects such as various violations of the cardiovascular system, insomnia and nervousness.This is due to the fact that the anti-allergic drugs most commonly used for a much longer period of time than the means used for colds.
addition, should take into account the fact that nasal decongestants medications basic allergic symptoms as sore throat, coughing, sneezing, watery and itchy eyes and a runny nose, are not removed.These drugs are extremely clean nasal congestion that for allergy sufferers is not a major problem.Recommended nasal decongestants medications without the effect of sleepiness: Sudafed and Afrinol.However, be aware that these medications for allergies is not recommended
• Mast cell stabilizers.For drugs in this group include such medications as the most used and Nedocromil Kromolin-.The action of these drugs is aimed at blocking the release of mediators from mast cells, and they are used only in the case where the antihistamines are ineffective or little tolerant.Ophthalmic preparations data: Pemirolast, Olopatadin, Lodoxamide
• antileukotriene drugs.This type of drugs used for the therapeutic treatment of mild forms of seasonal allergic rhinitis and persistent asthma.For example, the drug Omalizumab is used to treat refractory allergic rhinitis or asthma of any severity
• Anti-inflammatory drugs.Under indications of possible appointment of glucocorticoids orally or intranasally.Oral glucocorticoids are used in such self-cropped severe systemic allergic disorders as contact dermatitis, seasonal asthma, etc.
• Immunotherapy.Allergy treatment using immunotherapy is forced contact with the allergen in a constantly rising gradually doses.An allergen is administered by injection or sulingvalno.The task of immunotherapy to induce tolerance to the allergen.It applies if the therapy drugs did not produce the desired results, and continuous or repeated contact with the allergen to prevent certain reasons impossible.
For best results, injections are given on a strictly defined scheme each month, each time when the patient is required to increase the dose during the first thirty minutes should be under close medical supervision, since it does not rule out the possibility of anaphylaxis.Every four to six weeks throughout the year to be administered the maximum dose.Side effects during immunotherapy is most often associated with overdose, due to the negligence of the attending physician of the drug when administered intravenously or intramuscularly.Overdose symptoms are highly variable and can manifest itself as virtually invisible slight cough or sneeze, and as generalized urticaria, severe asthma or anaphylactic shock.During the active flowering dose administered drugs is recommended to reduce pollen.