filth-dread - an irresistible obsessive fear of infection or contamination, expressed in an effort to avoid any contact with other people and objects.For fear of people exposed to this characteristic significantly exaggerate a real danger to the health and microbial life, so that they try to limit any contact with the stranger, or the subject, perceiving them as potential carriers of various pathogens.
very notion of filth-dread back in 1879 was put into use a renowned scholar William A. Hammond, who at that time experimented for a detailed description of obsessive-compulsive disorder, manifesting a constant hand washing.Thanks to Hammond, a long time was considered filth-dread obsession of people to constant hand washing.However, quite a famous American psychologist and psychoanalyst Harry S. Sullivan convincing way has made adjustments to the basics of the theory, drawing attention to the fact that the obsessive fear of human infection with pathogenic microbes is really in the
most widespread filth-dread has received in the United States, most of the experts associated with the significant influence of the media on the state of mind of its residents.In the US, there is a constant on television advertising of various cosmetic antibacterial agents are taught that the world is a very dangerous habitat, so that each person should take all possible precautions against germs everywhere around him.
fear of dirt in some people is so strong that they are every five minutes to wash their hands constantly using disinfectants and disinfectant sprays, used exclusively disposable dishes, without realizing that the main problem they have in mind, not in your hand.Through constant data hygiene rituals, filth-dread absolutely do not understand that these actions, they only increase their phobia.
Most people suffering from filth-dread due attention to their disease does not give the mistaken belief that a phobia will take place as suddenly as it first appeared.Unfortunately this is fundamentally wrong, as the filth-dread - this is the most common symptom of anxiety disorders, which over time can result in the patient not only to the emergence of the destructive unwanted thoughts, but also to the development of violent behavior.
filth-dread - the causes of
The most common fear of contamination occurs in the event of the past, associated with microbes, a negative personal experience.It is not excluded that a similar situation occurred with the sick person is not, as with any of his acquaintances.In addition to this truly great importance to overly impressionable people have television films and programs.According to some psychologists, filth-dread recorded significant growth in the late 20th century, directly linked to the concern of the population problem of AIDS.
filth-dread leads to quite serious consequences socially.The surrounding filth-dread people describe him as hostile and paranoid man.As a consequence, this situation leads to alienation and isolation of the patient.
This is manifested in reasonable limits, fear of disease and germs, promotes the survival and provides a kind of protection of a person.In some cases, the constant pursuit of purity can be easily explained by the usual insecurity.
clinically finished version phobia pollution experts attribute to severe obsessions, characterized by the addition of additional protective rituals aimed primarily at preventing any contact with germs (various "unclean" things, garbage, garbage containers, etc.).If suffering from filth-dread is outside his home, he encloses himself more with various protective measures.Man goes out as far as protecting the body of the clothes and return home all their belongings have been specially treated.To avoid possible foreign touch, filth-dread even close relatives are not allowed in your home, which is positioned on the only safe place.
filth-dread - symptoms
Suffering filth-dread a person experiences fear of losing control, he has a shortness of breath, nausea, quickens the heartbeat.From the fear that at any moment it can catch germs, filth-dread begins to literally shake, he feels miserable and sick.Suffering fear of contamination man is struggling to avoid situations where it may be exposed to a minimum and let germs.
In everyday life as well as the patient's filth-dread affected negatively.The man stopped visiting it considers impure place (toilet, public transport, shops, etc.), The most frequently wash their hands, avoid interaction with other people and animals away personal belongings from the belongings of other people.
Sufferers filth-dread people do not take root in the society of others, becauseat the meeting they will never shake his hand outstretched in greeting, which is perceived as a healthy person disrespect to him.In some cases, the fear of contamination brings man to such extremes as the inability to independently open the front door, as a result of the experiences that are present on the door handle pathogenic microbes immediately be passed to him.
often do not suffer from filth-dread people to understand and get into position filth-dread can not, because this problem they faced.Therefore, to protect the company from criticism, often filth-dread breaks with society almost all communication is closed in itself and never leaves the house.Because of this, some people never can cope with the filth-dread, having lived alone until the end of his days.
Fortunately, in the initial stages, filth-dread successfully treatable, which can be seen in such famous people like Donald Trump, Cameron Diaz, Michael Jackson, Howard Hughes, who in the past suffered from filth-dread, but now completelyquietly working and living in modern society.
filth-dread - treatment
Today there are several treatments for fear of human infection by microbes.In practice, they have proven effective and are successfully used for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder and panic.Below we describe these methods.
• Drug treatment.Outset that filth-dread medication provides only short-term effect, thus can develop unwanted adverse reactions.The maximum therapeutic effect can be achieved in the case of a combination of medication and cognitive behavioral therapy.Medications used in the filth-dread following: Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, antidepressants SSRI.However, due to the fact that most of the drugs imported from abroad, they have a high enough price, so not everyone is available.
• Treatment of hypnosis.Hypnosis is the most effective and rapid form of psychotherapeutic work, relaxation and concluded in suspension of the conscious part of the work of the human brain, thus activating the subconscious mind, allowing you to instill the necessary information directly to the subconscious.
• Method opposition.This method is based on educating the patient to give a totally different answer to the object concerns.Instead of the traditional confluence of panic for the timely replacement of the fear response to the reaction of maximum tranquility and relaxation, the patient learns relaxation techniques.Over time, due to the fact that calm (new) behavior is absolutely not compatible with panic, the patient is gradually disappearing from the last habitual response to the situation, which is manifested in the gradual disappearance of fear.
• Method paradoxical intention.This technique can only be used for very strong filth-dread spirit, and it is effective only in the initial stages of a phobia.The essence of the method lies in the fact that you have to look your fear in the eye.The technique aims to overcome his fear, which requires everyone in the apartment upside down, open all the cupboards and drawers, in general deliberately make around was solid dust and dirt.If the test is a mess with success has been passed on to stop should not be made to consolidate the results and you can go to the nearest hospital, while shaking hands with all the counter patients.Unfortunately, the method of paradoxical intention can withstand only people with strong character.
• Psychotherapeutic treatment.This treatment can be used in case of failure of the above methods, and immediately after the diagnosis of filth-dread.Perform this treatment should only be highly qualified psychiatrist.
More articles on the topic:
• Anthropophobia (fear of people) • acrophobia