stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer - is perhaps the most common disease of the digestive system.This disease is characterized by the formation of ulcers in the mucosa of the small intestine and stomach.
Often ulcer disease leads to the development of rather serious complications: malignant ulcers and the subsequent development of gastric cancer, the penetration of ulcers in neighboring organs, perforation of ulcers, internal bleeding, and so on. At the moment, there are many treatments for this disease, however,of the effective are just some of them
sufficiently long period of time gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer was considered as a simple imbalance between the recovery and destruction of the tissue of the mucous membranes of the stomach and duodenum.It was also believed that the considerable role played in the formation of ulcers, chronic stress and increased secretion of hydrochloric acid.
However, after a more detailed and in-depth study of the pathogenesis of thi
treatment of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer has the following objectives:
- Completely eradicate Helicobacter pylori infection
- prevent complications
- normalize the digestive process
- protect the gastrointestinal tract from the adverse effects of modern food
- Reduce secretionhydrochloric acid
- Protect mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum from the harmful effects of digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid
- Accelerate healing formed ulcers
- It is mandatory to treat co-morbidities that can stimulate the further development of peptic ulcer disease
- treat complications caused by pepticdisease
heliobakternoy complete eradication of infection is carried out in two stages (most patients are cured after the first stage).
types of drugs used in heliobakternoy therapy:
- Antibacterial drugs: penicillin (amoxicillin), a group of nitroimidazole (metronidazole), tetracyclines and macrolide (clarithromycin)
- inhibitors of secretion of hydrochloric acid: proton pump inhibitors (omeprazole, rabeprazoleand lansoprazole) and antihistamines (Ranitidine)
- gastroprotectives: bismuth preparations (bismuth subcitrate)
In the first stage of treatment prescribed proton pump inhibitor or an antihistamine plus metronidazole + clarithromycin.Not excluded substituting one drug for another (only a similar effect).The dosage and the final composition of the course of treatment is approved only by the attending physician based on the individual performance of each individual patient.The usual course of treatment of peptic ulcer disease is carried out for seven days and the success of the course towards the total eradication heliobakternoy bacteria is about 95 percent, and the frequency of the observed annual relapses decreased to 3.5 percent.
In the course of the treatment of the above scheme is likely (about 63%) of occurrence of various adverse reactions.The most common adverse reactions of allergic nature (various skin rash) are also frequent cases of violation of the normal functioning of the gastro - intestinal tract (goiter, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting), less common disorders of blood (agranulocytosis).Rather serious side effects are observed at taking drugs such as furazolidone and tetracycline (approximately ten percent of patients in this case is canceled active treatment).
In the absence of positive dynamics of treatment from the first stage, a second stage: bismuth subcitrate + tetracycline + proton pump inhibitor plus metronidazole.Duration of treatment is about fourteen days.However, it is much greater (compared with the first) side reactions and only poorly tolerated by patients.
To accelerate ulcer healing and stimulation of regenerative processes is assigned: sea buckthorn oil, methyluracil, anabolic steroid, solkoseril, aloe and vitamins.
To eliminate pain and improve the healing process prescribers: almagel, sucralfate and de-nol.
In case of complications (development of gastric cancer, stenosis, ulcer perforation and internal bleeding) surgical treatment, whose main purpose is the elimination of most ulcers and complications have arisen.Removal of ulcers always combined with gastroplasty (stomach shape recovery)
patients with acute forms of peptic ulcer disease is assigned so-called diet №1 .
from food completely excluded:
- Raw vegetables and fruit (pears, peaches, cabbage)
- fried foods, salted and smoked
- Concentrated broth and spices
- Cocoa, coffee and carbonated drinks
recommended eating :
- Fish and meat (steamed)
- Kashi semolina and oatmeal
- Dairy products
- puree of black currants, apples, carrots and beets
Eating shouldoccur in small portions five - six times per day.The food should be at room temperature.
the whole period of treatment should be to completely eliminate the use of alcohol and tobacco.