Pancreatitis treatment and course of the disease
The main function of the pancreas - is the development of pancreatic juice, necessary for digestion, so when disease pancreatitis primarily disrupted the normal process of digestion.
Pancreatitis - quite a serious disease in which the pancreas becomes inflamed from - the defeat of their own enzymes. The shape of pancreatitis course is divided into acute and chronic.In acute pancreatitis, abdominal pain unbearable there, in consequence of which the patients have to be hospitalized.Chronic same form of pancreatitis can progress over the years
pancreas is quite vulnerable organ, so to break its normal functioning may be many factors:
- Eating fatty, fried and spicy food
- nervous and mental excitement
- Chronic or acute alcohol poisoning
These triggers sharply increased allocation pancreatic juice.Attack of pancreatitis caused by the fact that the diseased ducts of the pancreas is not able to take the gastric juice, and it hits the
in the so-called zone of risk of this disease fall woman on the stage of the pregnancy and early postpartum;as men and women, who tend to abuse alcohol and overeating.In addition, an attack of pancreatitis can be triggered by prolonged use of hormonal drugs and ulcer .
Quite often acute pancreatitis develops due to diseases of the bile ducts and gall bladder, liver cirrhosis and urolithiasis .Physical abdominal trauma can also cause an attack of acute pancreatitis.
After an attack of acute pancreatitis often the patient develops chronic pancreatitis, which can cause the development of such terrible diseases as diabetes (because the pancreas in addition to pancreatic juice produces more insulin)
- There are severe pain in the upper partstomach (in the left and right hypochondrium, epigastric).Quite often observed the pain of herpes character.In severe cases, the disease can spread pain throughout the abdomen.
- There has been quite severe vomiting, not bringing relief.In the later stages of the disease there neothozhdenie gas, bloating and constipation .
- develop severe poisoning of the whole organism, which manifests confusion, jaundice and acute renal failure
Acute pancreatitis is held only in the surgical hospital.The first two days you need to starvation and then attributed to a strict diet and assigned to a dropper.At the end of the critical period (due to severe pain), which usually lasts two to seven days, the patient is transferred for further treatment to a regular room.There are many cases where patients to achieve full recovery is carried out in the hospital for up to four months (if you need surgery to remove dead tissue cancer)
Medication used for chronic pancreatitis
- To effectively removepain that often occurs in chronic pancreatitis is used no-spa.
- to suppress the emerging increased secretion of the pancreas or appointed Almagelum fosfolyugel.
- In the case of a lack of pancreatic juice are appointed by the enzyme preparations: pancreatin, panzinorm, festal and mezim forte.
- also used calcium supplements, Cholagogue, enveloping and sedatives, stimulating therapy and hormones
diet in chronic pancreatitis
Chronic pancreatitis is necessary to completely eliminate from your diet eating spicy, pickled and smoked foods, alcoholic and carbonateddrinks and sweets.The diet of the patient should be present only foods are digested quickly.
necessary to increase protein intake and contrary to minimize the consumption of fats and carbohydrates.It should give up the fried foods and roughage.Try as much as possible to eat more vitamins.Number of meals should be increased to five or six a day.
In conclusion, I want to add that all the recommendations outlined in this article are purely exploratory in nature and specifically the proper treatment of pancreatitis may appoint only doctor.