Genital warts (genital warts, genital warts) - viral sexually transmitted diseases, which is characterized by the appearance of the soft pulpy flesh-colored warts on the skin of the perineum and external genitalia.Genital warts require adequate quality treatment, as quite often accompanied by other sexually transmitted diseases (ureaplasmosis, trichomoniasis, chlamydia and so forth.)
Genital warts causes of
Today distinguish about a hundred typeshuman papilloma virus, of which about forty are sexually transmitted.The causative agent of genital warts is one of the HPV types (family papovovirusov).Genital warts are caused by types 6 and 11 of human papillomavirus (HPV).In most cases, the infection of the disease is sexually transmitted and often asymptomatic.While in the human body in a latent state, the human papilloma virus is activated only when there is a favorable factor (decrease in the time for some - or cause immune defense).Favor the development of genital warts
On examination, genital warts are detected in 70% of cases in both sexual partners, and quite often they are combined with other sexually transmitted diseases .In most cases, genital warts occur benign, but sometimes there is their rebirth in carcinoma .That is why, for the prevention of cancer, genital warts, regardless of their location, shape and size is always to be removed, the more so because of self-healing of the disease has never been observed.
Genital warts occur with equal frequency in both sexes, leading an active sex life (usually between the ages of 20 to 25 years).The incubation period of the disease ranges from three weeks to nine months, and the average is about three months
Genital warts symptoms
In most cases, genital warts look like small tumors, sitting on a short stalk or a thin thread and in shape resembling a cockcomb or cauliflower.These structures can be either single or plural, and in some cases (frequently in women) can reach a large enough size.The main localization of genital warts is an area of the anus, perineum and genitals.Depending on the location, the data structures can be bright - red, pale - pink or flesh-colored.Failure to comply with hygiene or stimulation of genital warts, they are macerated, erode, and in some cases even ulcerate highlighting purulent discharge with an unpleasant odor
Genital warts in men mostly localized on the head and neck of the glans penis, foreskin;in the exiting orifice of the urethra, and in some cases, and in the channel.The perianal (anus), genital warts are more common in gay men, but there may be heterosexual men
Genital warts in women mostly affect small and large labia , posterior commissure of the lips;at least - the cervix and vaginal walls.Isolated defeat these formations of the cervix and the external opening of the urethra is very rare.When anal and oral sex is affected region of the anus, and oropharynx.
patients in this disease complain of pain indefinite nature in the external genital organs and abdomen, as well as discomfort when urinating
Genital warts complications
- from the constant rubbing of clothes, warts may fall away, andin their place are formed extremely painful bleeding ulcers
- If left untreated, genital warts tend to fester
- lack of treatment leads to the formation of a growing number of warts.Sometimes it comes to that, in very advanced cases in the genital area of the patient has not seen any piece of healthy skin
- Because of the long course of papillomavirus infection of the genitals, there is a sharp decline in immunity that entails human exposure to any infectious diseases.If the patient has already been present for some - a chronic inflammatory disease (especially pelvic), it certainly exacerbated
- known to occur on the site of genital warts cancerous lesions
Genital warts treatment
Unfortunately todaytoday there is no specific drug capable of destroying the pathogen papillomovirusnoy genital infection, whereby the treatment is limited to carrying out immunokorregirujushchej therapy and local removal of genital warts.The effectiveness of most existing treatment methods is within 70%, while the relapse rate exceeds 25%.
Treatment of genital warts :
- Laser .This method consists in exposing the warts directed beam of laser rays, cause the tissue warts evaporated and in its place is a scab (dry crust).Seven days after the laser begins recovery
- Diathermocoagulation .This method of treatment is exposure to high temperatures or Electro-frequency radiation.Application of this method requires the mandatory use of local anesthesia.In most cases, a week after this type of treatment, the patient returns to normal sexual life
- treatment prescription drugs, of which consists of concentrated acids .Most often after just one application on the site of genital warts is only a small scab, which itself disappears after a few days
- Cryotherapy .This method of treatment is the removal of genital warts with liquid nitrogen.A small amount of the substance applied to its freezing condyloma, thereby exposing its contents protein degradation.After this procedure on their own warts soon disappears, leaving a small wound that usually heals after one - two weeks.This method is considered to be quite comfortable and safe.