At least a quarter of the world's population in recent years has periodically been not associated with colds rhinitis allergic nature, which is accompanied by shortness of breath, vexing itchy nose, sneezing, watery eyes, cough and watery discharge from the nose.
Allergic rhinitis - develop allergic reaction caused by the body's inflammation of the nasal mucosa.This implies that the state is primarily an immune disease as a man with a strong, properly functioning immune defense, initially no allergic manifestations is not exposed.Therefore, in the case of both allergic rhinitis and other allergic reactions, it is safe to speak about the presence in the human body immune disorders.
cause allergic rhinitis can be caused by a single capacious word - allergen.Allergen may make absolutely anyone, sometimes even completely harmless substance that is a result of a specific immune failure will be identified as the immune protection and malware threatening.
Allergic rhinitis usu
Allergic rhinitis in children often leads to lower cognitive (cognitive) functions.The cause any allergic disease and allergic rhinitis including, is produced by the body in response to direct contact with an allergen, histamine, which is a mediator of allergic and consequently causes swelling of the nasal mucosa.
Allergic rhinitis is divided into the following conditional varieties:
• Professional - is associated with certain substances that affect allergy prone person during his professional activity
• Open all year round - is caused by irritants, contact with which is possible throughout the year
•Seasonal - associated with allergens, which usually appear in the ambient air at a certain season of the year, typically pollen wind-pollinated plants
Besides allergic rhinitis is divided into conditional severity:
• mild - no breakdown night's sleep, runny absolutely no effecton daily activities and performance
• moderate and severe - there is severe symptoms almost completely frustrating night's sleep, violates the everyday way of life and to a minimum reduces efficiency
Allergic rhinitis - symptoms
How to distinguish allergic rhinitis from rhinitis catarrhal nature?For the common cold allergic origin characterized by the following symptoms:
• Due to the swelling of the nasal mucosa is much more difficult nasal breathing
• experience bouts of sudden sneezing caused by tickling and itching in the nose
• From the nose permanently allocated profuse watery discharge, often resembles ordinary water
The first symptoms of allergic rhinitis usually occur within minutes after exposure to an allergen, but sometimes this period can be extended up to several hours and stay about ten days.Symptoms of allergic rhinitis can be subdivided into early and late.
Early symptoms following:
• Clear watery discharge from the nose, which in a few days are often more viscous in the case of joining a secondary infection becomes yellow
• Strong continuous sneezing, the peak of which often falls on the morning
• Can join sore throat and hacking cough
• Tearing, allergic conjunctivitis, a feeling of sand in the eyes, itchy nose
Late symptoms following:
• Sniff and severe nasal congestion (this symptom oftenin children)
• Irritability, fatigue and bad moods
• Poor sleep and increased sensitivity of eyes
• Violation of smell, mouth breathing
• no cure prolonged cough
• Uncomfortable and painful sensations on the face
• Due to the reduced local immunity may accompany the development of ENT diseases like evstahiit, sinusitis and others.
addition to all the above, there are often symptoms: pain and redness around the nostrils and upper lip;nose bleed;pain in the ears and throat;hearing loss;loss of appetite and headache.
diagnosis of allergic rhinitis is usually pre-set based on the detection of the above symptoms, as shown symptoms most likely confirm the nature of the allergic rhinitis.However, to fully confirm the accuracy of the diagnosis can be established only the results of relevant studies.
More → Analysis allergy
Allergic rhinitis - treatment
Treatment of allergic rhinitis absolutely always starts with the removal of the cause of allergies.This is primarily achieved by the fact that in the room where the patient is constantly supported the so-called "dust-free regime", which is achieved by constant wet cleanings.In addition to establishing a barrier to the allergen, the nasal mucosa was sprayed special nasal sprays.
When selecting antihistamines (allergy) preparations plays a critical symptoms and the patient's current lifestyle.
If allergic rhinitis is easy for a while hardly interferes with their daily life, to use recommend the following syrups and tablets drugs: Sempreks (acrivastine) Kestin, Aerius (desloratadine) Klerasil (loratadine) and so forth. In addition, the nose(intranasally) prescribe antihistamines following: Gistimet (levocabastine) and Allergodil (azelastine).
In cases of moderate and severe course of allergic rhinitis, which is accompanied by severe disorders of sleep a night, the appointment shows such drugs with sedative (sedative) action as a Hydroxyzine, Fenistil (dimethindene) Clemastine and others. These drugs are not used for a long time.
drug Telfast (fexofenadine) and the Spray Fliksonaze (Flixotide, fluticasone) is prescribed in both cases.
Treatment of allergic rhinitis should always be accompanied by the observance of a specially designed for each individual patient diet.Typically, such a diet is based on eating large amounts of dairy products (low-fat sour cream, kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese), which in its composition contains a lot of calcium, which helps produce interferon-gamma, which enhances the body's resistance to allergic reactions.In addition, the period of treatment should be minimized to reduce any contact with household cleaning products, cosmetics and perfumes.
In conclusion, we note that allergic rhinitis is quite a dangerous disease, because it often is a kind of agent provocateur of other very serious diseases in the first place of which is bronchial asthma (for almost 90% of patients with asthma, she began with a seemingly innocuousallergic rhinitis).Therefore, the widespread belief that "ordinary snot" does not deserve serious attitude toward them, in the case of allergic rhinitis with nature is not working.