Cushing's disease - a serious disease with chronic brain disease, which is caused by lesions of the hypothalamic-pituitary region.The disease can develop after head - injuries, neuroinfections due to pituitary tumors
- A person becomes "lunoobraznym"
- There is an increased deposition of fat in the areas: the abdomen, shoulders, neck and face
- As a result of degeneration of muscle tissue is thinning extremities
- increased blood pressure (hypertension)
- Reduced bone density (osteoporosis)
- Increased blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Appears muscle weakness
- appears clearly expressed venousdrawing on the limbs and chest
- Women may be manifestations of body hair male pattern
person with Cushing's disease gradually gets quite specific appearance - lunate shaped red face, fat body with thin limbs.On the abdomen due to obesity appear stretch.Places friction (elbows and neck) and skin folds because of increased pigmentation are darker than other ar
There are three forms of the disease: mild, moderate and severe.
The disease can be progressive (symptoms developed over six to twelve months) and torpid (gradual increase in symptoms within three to ten years)
Until recently, x-ray exposure mezhutochko-pituitary region was the onlytreatment of the disease.Now in the arsenal of physicians are more modern and advanced means and methods of treatment that is fashionable to divide into two groups:
- Methods based on the local suppression of hyperfunction of the adrenal cortex
- Methods to eliminate the focus in the hypothalamic-gipofizarnoy field
However, even despite the fact that in our time the treatment was significantly more effective - high-quality treatment of the disease Cushing's children have not yet fully developed.
This type of treatment is based on the use of drugs that inhibit the secretion of adrenal hormones (Mam, hloditan).Depending on the severity of the symptoms of any other further appointed antidiabetic, antihypertensive drugs and anabolic
This type of treatment is divided into two types: adrenomektomiya and transsphenoidal prostatectomy.
Adrenomektomiya used as adjunctive treatment to radiotherapy, and involves the removal of one (or both) of the adrenal gland.
Transsphenoidal prostatectomy is to remove the pituitary tumor.In case of successful operation the first effect is seen for ten days and is expressed in reducing the core symptoms of Cushing, a decrease in appetite and a general improvement in well-being.
By radioadenomektomii (proton beam) inhibits the activity of the pituitary gland.The effectiveness of radiotherapy seen after 6 to 12 months and is conditioned (in most patients) full normalization of clinical and hormonal parameters.
More articles on the topic:
1. Addison's disease treatment 2. Hypothyroidism