Quite often during strong negative emotions we do not notice how eat large amounts of high-calorie food.The reason for such emotional overeating can be any stressful situation: a quarrel or excitement, anxiety or anger.Often that would divert themselves from the problem, we switch to a meal. We tend to think that it will help to calm down and to protect itself from experiences.Food acts as a drug that allows you to relax and forget.If a person is bad, then it seems that after eating the delicious food he will certainly be better.
But the food is only valid as long as we eat it.When the food has been eaten, it turns out that all the problems have remained.Moreover, we are even more upset because of the fact that due to stress overeaten.Another negative experience will again be accompanied by a high-calorie food intake.As a result, the person gets into a vicious circle.
why we are trying to get rid of negative emotions with the help of sweet?
If we were in such moments consoled themselves with a glass
From the perspective of psychology, is overeating when stressed it can be explained by the fact that a person in this way is immersed in the pleasant memories associated with these delicious products.Perhaps when you were a kid, your parents treated you like treats for the holidays.Therefore, it would return those pleasant sensations, you will use these goodies.But it should be understood that such habits necessarily affect your weight and therefore the figure.We are able to insulate themselves from such emotional binge eating.
1. Be able to identify when you are really hungry, and when the "hunger" is the result of strong emotions.The habit of overeating comes from boredom or emotional tension.If you can recognize a real appetite, the desire to eat when stressed, it will help overcome the problem of the abuse of food.A man who knows how to control himself and uses food for the saturation of the organism rather than to enjoy the process of eating can be sure that overeating does not threaten him.
2. Try during such an emotional breakdown, do not eat high-calorie foods, and healthier and more importantly low-calorie food.For example, try to replace the cake with berries and cream.This delicacy is not only delicious, but also useful.This
try to provide your body with substances that are responsible for a good mood.In your daily diet must include foods that contain carbohydrates and fats.It legumes, whole grains, fruits.Useful fats is obtained from fish, nuts, vegetable oils.The disadvantage of these substances in the diet makes us vulnerable to stress and eventually leads to overeating.
3. Do not stay alone.Try to always be surrounded by loved ones and dear to you people who can support you.The more often you are left alone, the greater the likelihood that you will once again find a way out of emotional stress with the help of food.Take care that would have all of your partnerships were established.Otherwise, they may cause another emotional breakdown.
4. Do not lean on the food spontaneously.Tell yourself that you have chosen a treat you can eat after a certain time, for example, not earlier than 15 minutes.Such an expectation - a kind of buffer between you and the food.During this time, the desire to eat the desired goodies can be gone, thus you will be able once again to get rid of a spontaneous gluttony.If you doubt that after a certain pause you have lost the desire to eat a piece of cake, try to do so that would be no food gets you in the eye.Remove candy from your desktop.Oily and junk food let it stay in the far corner of the refrigerator.Of course, this method is not always effective, but in many cases will save you from the spontaneous food intake.
5. Be able to draw conclusions from what happened.
If after you have a hearty dinner, you ate more and a whole box of cookies, then you'll likely want to forget as soon as possible about this.Try to do otherwise.Try to focus on their emotions.Realize that you do not become easier, but on the contrary, it became even more uncomfortable.If you did this with every failure, gradually you will learn in time to stop
6. Do not be too hard on yourself.
aware of the problem - not to blame yourself.The fact that you begin to blame themselves, will only lead to the fact that you again want to eat something to calm down.
More on the topic:
morning after eating