Berries Sunberry every year are becoming increasingly popular among gardeners that are thrown at them on the sites.The reason for this is the excellent taste and extraordinary beneficial properties inherent in these berries.
Useful properties Sunberry
Sunberry also called solar berries or Canadian blueberries.It - annual large-fruited plants of the nightshade family, which bear fruit berries the size of a cherry, which in appearance resembles a tomato - look at the photos.Caution must be exercised by growing this bush, as unripe berries are poisonous Sunberry.
Medicinal properties have not only the ripe fruit, and flowers, and the leaves and stems of bushes.Judging by the reviews, they treat many diseases:
- helps in diseases of the throat gargle juice Sunberry.For this purpose the finished juice should be diluted with water 1: 3.
- Normalize blood pressure helps the juice of these berries with honey.On 1 liter of juice required to take 300 grams of honey.This mixture also cures headaches, stomach
- For the treatment of skin diseases apply lotions of juice mixed with raw eggs.
- Action antiseptic lotions credited of pureed berries with sour milk.
- juice is used to treat chronic rhinitis.
- jam from berries helps with asthma, osteochondrosis, rheumatism, prostate adenoma, and others.
should be careful about using this plant for medicinal purposes: it stems, flowers and unripe berries contain poison.
That is why the harm from their use may exceed the hypothetical benefits.
Ripe berries Sunberry have a very special taste.That is why their consumption of raw advise infrequently.At the same time, processed berries have a very interesting taste that appeals to many.
To get rid of a particular flavor, which is inherent in the data berries used two ways:
- can be scalded with boiling water;
- need to pluck the fruit to soak for a while.
And in the first and in the second case leaves a bad taste, and berries can be used to squeeze time or cooking various delicacies.The fruits may be preserved Sunberry: one turns out delicious jam, jam, jam, jelly.Also, one can prepare the liquor or liqueur.
To make jam from fruits Sunberry, you will need to adhere to the following recipe:
- Collect well-ripened berries and scald them with boiling water.
- Prepare the syrup at the rate of 1 kg of sugar and 1 cup of water per 1 kg of fruit.
- Syrup bring to a boil and put it scalded berries.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- three times repeat 5-minute brew.
- The ready jam add a little vanilla, lemon peel and cinnamon to taste.
To prepare candied Sunberry, you need to prepare jam strain through a colander to remove the syrup.Berries should also be put in a single layer on a plate to dry.The dried fruit can be stored for a long time in a cool place in a glass container under a cover.