Human activity is directly dependent on the ratio of his body all important and necessary substances.And if any one element is lacking, the body fails.The role of potassium for a man is enormous, this element is involved in important processes, and knowledge of the content of potassium in the product will help prevent many health problems.
value for the human body potassium
Without potassium person will not be able to live from this element depends on the livelihoods of the whole organism.The role of this element is as follows:
- stimulates the production of certain enzymes;
- regulates the acid-base balance;
- involved in metabolism;
- helps to reduce swelling;
- strengthens the immune system;
- stimulates mental processes;
- facilitates the allergic reactions;
- improves the elasticity of blood vessels;
- increases vitality and gives energy;
- stabilize the cardiovascular system;
- helps to eliminate toxins from the body;
- affects the skin, nails and hair.
lack of potassium in the body can lead to seri
Among them it is worth noting:
- disrupted gastrointestinal tract;
- increased or decreased blood pressure;
- appears insomnia;
- observed malfunction of the immune system;
- having muscle pain;
- slows wound healing;
- increased fatigue, there is a breakdown, mental and physical exhaustion.
is important to note that the amount of potassium in the body affected by the presence of calcium, with an excess amount of calcium excreted from the body potassium.In overdose potassium calcium-containing formulations can be used and to adjust the amount of these elements.Overdose is fraught:
- violation of the heart;
- kidney problems;
Norma daily intake of potassium per 1 kg of body weight of an adult is 2 g, for a child this amount should not exceed 20 mg for pregnant women, the rate increases to 3 g per 1 kg of body weight.
products that contain potassium
If your power is full, there are no problems with the norm of potassium in the body is not there, but you need to know what foods contain this element.
- Tomatoes, desirable as often as possible to eat them fresh.
- All vegetables, especially potatoes and carrots.
- hazelnuts, almonds, pine nuts and walnuts.
- Lean meat.
- wheat germ.
- All cereals.
- Eat fruits every day, they are the main source of all the necessary minerals and vitamins.
- Dried fruits: dates, dried apricots, figs and prunes.
- Legumes no different high content of potassium, but if you eat it at least once a week, you will be able to cover the required minimum requirement for this element.
- Cranberry contains not only the potassium and magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, and many others.
important for the body is a combination of magnesium, potassium and sodium, the optimum ratio is found in hard cheeses.
significantly reduce the amount of potassium in the body can:
- strong tea;
- carbonated drinks;
If you drink in excess, these products significantly reduce the amount of potassium, so be careful when planning your diet.
recommendations to maintain potassium in the body
some important tips to help you provide the body with the required amount of potassium in the body:
- Buy only fresh and firm fruit, they should not be sluggish.
- Use steaming as the primary means of cooking.Vegetables should be boiled prior to the acquisition of softness to keep all valuable substances should not be in the future they bake and fry.
- All fruits and vegetables are best eaten fresh.
- daily consume more fruits and vegetables in food.
Remember, if you have physical, mental or emotional stress need for potassium will only increase.