Swede used in agriculture since ancient times, and to date continues to be the root quite popular.This vegetable is a kind of hybrid of turnip and cabbage.Some scientists believe that this interbreeding happened by itself in nature, while others refer to the facts, confirming that it has been bred by Swedish breeders even in the seventeenth century.
Outwardly, this vegetable is a bit like its close relative - a turnip, but differs from it slightly larger.Its upper part has a violet hue, bottom - green.
Pulp its light, soft, sweet.It is completely devoid of the bitterness that is characteristic of turnips.Swede loves the cool climate and that in such circumstances, it turns out especially tasty.The process of its maturation lasts three months.But ripe vegetables in dry conditions can be stored for years.
This root boasts a large number of its constituent carbohydrate, vegetable protein and fiber.
Swede contains many vitamins and minerals that easily able to overtake on the usefulness o
sugar in it is presented in the form of fructose, but because this vegetable is highly recommended for use by diabetics.
As for vitamin content, here we can find vitamins A, H, E, C, and full range of B vitamins and PP.It is also rich in beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus and iron.
content therein vitamin C is greater than in other vegetables, wherein the vitamin is stored not only throughout the winter, but when cooked vegetable.That is why the root is an indispensable tool for maintaining immunity in the winter-spring period.In this vegetable
compared with other very high levels of potassium, calcium, and iodine.Mustard oil, which is part of the root, detrimental effect on harmful bacteria and adds some zest to dishes.
close relative of the turnip, it reminds her how to taste and in composition.Just like turnip, this vegetable differs very little caloric content - per 100 g of product contains only 37 kcal.That is why it is recommended to regularly eat all those who are watching their figures.
benefits of this vegetable is obvious:
- Due to the high percentage of calcium, it is indicated for use in people suffering from softening of bone tissue.It will not hurt and it is also for all those who suffer from a lack of calcium in the body and often has to contact with the dentist or other dental problems.
- include it in your diet recommended for patients with atherosclerosis, as it speeds up the metabolism and clears the body of "harmful" cholesterol.
- prepared from its seed infusion is great for rinsing throat and mouth in inflammatory processes.Admission into this infusion accelerates the process of getting rid of measles.
- turnip juice was used as an effective wound healing and anti-inflammatory agent.Due to its antibacterial properties since ancient times it has been used to treat burns and festering wounds.
- Root positive impact on the food system.Experts recommend to use it for constipation and as a diuretic.
- This vegetable helps to reduce swelling, and therefore perfectly helps with cardiovascular diseases and kidney problems.
- Another positive feature of this root crop - the ability to thin the mucus.It can translate into a productive cough and thus accelerate recovery.It is also recommended for chronic diseases of bronchial tubes and lungs.
- Due to the high content of vitamin C enhances immunity root crop consumption.
- Swede also has anti-cancer properties.
- regularly eat this vegetable should be in iron deficiency anemia, which is why it is particularly indicated for pregnant women.
use in medicine
Due to its properties this useful root is widely used in folk medicine:
- If you catch cold and suffer from dry cough, the drink juice turnips mixed with honey in the ratio of 2 to 1.Get the juice can, skipping the vegetables through a meat grinder.Take 1 teaspoon of not less than three times a day.
- People suffering from bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia, and chronic respiratory problems should be included in your diet vegetables stewed in butter with honey.
- to raise the level of calcium in the body, can be eaten with honey juice turnip.Only in this case, the proportion of the other - 1 tablespoon of honey to 0.5 cups of juice turnips.Take twice a day.
- that it contributes to isolation of radionuclides from the body, it should be boiled root in a little salted water, and then eat with sour cream.
- If you want to use it as a means to burn, then mix the juice with honey in equal proportions and this means regularly lubricate the affected areas.
- To boost immunity, improve digestion, as well as for the prevention of various diseases including various dishes rutabaga in your daily diet.
Today, this root is part of many diets for weight loss.He is able to significantly enhance the intestinal peristalsis, improve digestion and speed up the metabolism, so it is very effective in the fight against excess weight.
Despite the useful properties, its use should be approached deliberately.Due to the high fiber content of this root crop is contraindicated in people with acute diseases stomach and intestines.
How to use Instructions for use of the root there are so many, and so to prepare from it all you can, that you want.
For example, it can be used in the various stews, soups and casseroles.
It can fry and eat as a side dish to meat and fish.If you do not like fried food, just boil and cook from her mashed potatoes.This vegetable taste is somewhat resemble potatoes, but, unlike him, more suitable for protein foods due to low starch content in it.
From it also make excellent salads, regular use of which allows you to quickly and easily get rid of unnecessary kilograms.Use it in salads can be a part of both raw and cooked steamed.
Plant rutabagas, the use of which is also rather big, can be used in fresh and dried.Fresh tops in salads of dried turns a great seasoning for soups and main dishes.
Swede is a biennial plant that loves the bright lights and abundant watering.Its landing can be performed using the seed and seedling.The soil for planting should be moist and rich in organic fertilizers.
It actively cultivated not only in Russia but also in the Nordic countries and the Baltic states.There are various varieties of turnips.For example, in Russia the most common is Krasnoselskaya.In addition, growers also grown root crop varieties such as Swedish, Kaya, Marian, Ruby, Lizzie and others.
It is of two kinds - aft and a dining room.And that, and another can be safely eaten.The only difference is that the dining room has a soft and pleasant taste pulp and fodder differ better yield and less demanding to leave.
- rutabaga It was Goethe's favorite vegetables, which he often used in food in many different variations.
- Richterswil in the Swiss city from ancient times to the present day marked as the Day rutabagas.Recently, a tradition also came to Russia, where he settled in the town of Ivanovo.
- Finland turnip gratin is a traditional Christmas dish.
This is a rutabaga, useful properties and contraindications which should be remembered and taken into account all those who are watching their health and figure.