Cottage cheese with their hands
All cooking takes about two hours.
Here we consider two types of cheese - a traditional homemade cheese, which can be found on the market (mainly it is soft) and a real cheese with holes (they are professionals and foodies called "eyes").
The quality of it is perhaps even better than what is sold in stores.
advantages of cottage cheese in front of the purchased - a taste of quality - in cheese can add whatever you like - different spices and additives.
At a cost of purchased is cheaper by 20-40%.And if you cook the serum in the manufacture of bread, pastries or kvass, the cottage cheese will taste even better.
Step by step instructions making cheese
Ingredients for home-made cheese
From the same quantity of products obtained by different weight of the finished cheese.
to 1.2 kg 1 kg of soft or hard cheese need:
- 7,5 -8 liters of natural cow's milk
- pan or bucket with vitreous enamel, and we can use plastic utensils.
- colander, sieve or cheesecloth.
- Thermometer for measuring water temperature.
- 2 length cotton 50 * 50 cm.
- special containers to shape the cheese.Suitable conventional banks, pan or a small pot with a diameter of 10-15 cm. You should also pick up a plunger.Come instead the usual saucer.The piston must be free to enter the container - from him to the wall utensils necessary distance of 2-5 cm.
- pepsin (renin or chymosin) - they will contribute to coagulation of the milk, as enzymes.
For starters, cheese makers may not have the grid for cutting cheese, special tools and user-friendly press - fit the usual cap banks, and a skewer as a press fit two pans.Quality cheese because it does not hurt, but a set of special tools - that'll come.
cooking process cottage cheese
- in half a cup of cooled boiled water is added 1/10 bags pepsin and thoroughly mixed.
- 8 liters of natural cow's milk heated to a temperature of 35 degrees, and it is sent half a cup of pepsin dissolved .. The whole mass gently and carefully stir for 2-3 minutes and left to stand for a while.
- After 30-60 minutes the milk begins to turn into jelly.Long knife or skewer conventional flat shaped sinks to the bottom and is used as a piston.It is kept vertically - 90 degrees.Weight cut mesh.Then the knife changing its trajectory - now it needs to be tilted as much as possible and to cut horizontally.The result should appear 3-5 cm cubes.
- Then you will need standard bath.It placed a huge basin of water.The temperature of the liquid should be 36-37 degrees it sinks to form a cheese mass.The water temperature should be gradually increased to 38-39 degrees - to support it should continue.Curd must be carefully stir the cubes are not stuck together.If there are large chunks - they should be cut into several smaller ones.Stir every time should be 20-30 minutes.
- continuing slowly and carefully stir the cheese is transformed and becomes a mass similar to rubber.To prove this - just try dish - cheese begins to grind the teeth.Often it is necessary to wait for two or three hours.
- Serum, which appeared as a result of evaporation of the better drained into another bowl, may come in handy when you anything to cook.
- resulting curd is placed in a colander or sieve.When the serum is completely drained, it should be allowed to cool to room temperature cheese - soft homemade cheese is ready.
cheese flavor can change a little - his first season with salt, and then wrapped in cheesecloth and hang to mature for a few hours.Cheese
good stored in the refrigerator, not more than a week.Experts do not recommend long to keep soft cheese.
to hard cheese became necessary to leave it in cheesecloth and put it between two cutting boards.Top
better deliver the goods - about 2 kg.The heavier weight will press, the harder it will be cheese.
After 4-5 hours it is ready.
Hard cheese store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.author of the publication: Alex Kulagin