Very often after various vaccinations the child's body responds fever.This is especially true for the most "evil" of the vaccines - DPT (diphtheria-pertussis-tetanus vaccine).Moreover, the child may complain of leg pain, swelling at the injection site, and even a slight cough.Every mother tormented by the question: when she worry?
First of all, let's understand with the concept of vaccination.Every once in a particular composition of the vaccine administered to the baby, or weakened or killed viruses.In the hospital - it's Koch's bacillus (TB) and hepatitis B, in the first year of life - polio, whooping cough, diphtheria, tetanus and hepatitis again after a year - measles, rubella, mumps, mumps.And then - at the request of parents.That is especially the baby "infect" a particular virus and the immune system is forced to connect and give them fight back.As a result, the child forms antibodies to these viruses.That is when he will face in the future to the present (and not weakened or killed) viruse
Thus, any immune system responses to infection in this case is considered normal.
but not always, the language of politicians, she responds, "symmetrical". is normal following reactions:
1. Hepatitis B. This vaccination puts the child in a few hours after birth, so it is quite normal that baby body responds a little weakness, fever (even in the first days after birthraising the temperature to 37 degrees is considered normal for children), and form a seal at the injection site.
2. BCG (tuberculosis) .It is made the day before discharge.This is the scar on his shoulder, which is in any adult.After a few weeks at the injection site formed infiltrate a diameter of 8 mm, which eventually covered crust.And after 3-4 months of forming the same scar.Poor, if the crust does not want to heal and begin to fester.This is a reason for seeking medical attention
3. Polio. In principle, the specific side effects of it does not happen.Especially if the vaccine injections, rather than drops in the mouth.However, we remember that at the moment the body was infected, and a small increase in temperature is quite natural.If the temperature is above 38 degrees, it is likely that your child has picked up some other type of infection of SARS.
4. mumps and mumps. also quite easy to carry the child.However, doctors say that after administration of the vaccine in a child may be a small increase in the parotid glands, and a small and short-term pain in the abdomen.Heat, anxiety, crying, bowel disorder - a reason for going to the clinic.
5. Measles. temperature, a runny nose and a rash may appear only in children with weakened immune systems.If these symptoms persist for 2-3 days, you need to call a doctor.
6. DTP .This is the "hard" for the child's organism vaccine.Doctors distinguish local and systemic manifestations after injection.Local - a reddening of the skin around the injection site, pain in this area, swelling;mobility impairments baby's legs because of pain at the injection site.System - nervousness, moodiness and anxiety;increasing the temperature to 38.5 degrees;inhibited reaction or long naps;vomiting, diarrhea, refusal of food intake.
all symptoms the first day after vaccination and tested for 3-5 days.More after the administration of the vaccine is possible, even a little cough, but his gain, and a runny nose is regarded as a SARS infection on the background of weakened immunity.
Consult your doctor well worth it if the baby cries for more than two hours, the temperature rises to 39 degrees and above, at the injection site formed swelling and redness, with a diameter of 8 cm.
If your child is prone to allergies, rash, vomiting, temperaturealready 38 degrees, and other oddities are an occasion to call the doctor.Moreover, its features need to notify the doctor in advance to minimize the effects, or choose a special vaccine.
Pediatricians also advise "to prevent complications," two days before the vaccination start giving your child antihistamines, and the heat beat down only by 38 degrees.The fact that the quality of the immune system can tell it to increase in temperature.If it is, then, the immune system is normal.However, after the 38.2 cells of the body begin to suffer, so hyperthermia should be eliminated.
Finally, if the reaction of the body of your child makes you fear (even if everything they say to you that this is the norm), go to a doctor you trust.Let him or dispel your doubts or praise you and your mother's intuition for timely response.
author of the article: Elena Maximova